Joel C. Golden, Attorney At Law
Old Town Professional Building
2356 Moore Street, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92110

  (619) 294-7919   |   Email Us

Retaliation & Whistleblower

If you have reported what you consider to be unlawful activity in the workplace either to your employer or to a governmental agency, or if you have opposed certain practices which you believe to be unlawful or unsafe, you have ”blown the whistle” on that conduct. If you suffer adverse employment actions from your employer because of and in retaliation for your reports and/or protests, you may have a valid claim against your employer for unlawful retaliation. Acts of retaliation may include, termination, demotion, failure to promote, harassment, lower pay or benefits or reduced or increased responsibilities.

It is unlawful for an employer to retaliate against an employee who engages in protected activity which includes opposing discrimination, refusing to perform acts which you believe to be unlawful or reporting any of these actions.

Some examples of unlawful retaliation are as follows:

  1. Your employer has fired or demoted you because you complained about discrimination, harassment or other conduct in the workplace which you believed to be unlawful;
  2. You have been fired, harassed or demoted because you participated in an investigation of certain employment practices by your employer;
  3. You are prevented from exercising your legal rights or, after doing so, your employer treats you Unfairly;


If your employer is performing services relating to a contract with the federal or state government or any federal or state agency and you are aware of improprieties in the performances of your employer’s obligations under that contract, you may be entitled to a substantial recovery by disclosing these facts. You can find more information on this unique situation in this website’s section titled “Fraud Against the U.S. Government (False Claims Act).”

I have represented many individuals bringing Whistleblower / Retaliation claims and will discuss your situation in confidence with you at no charge if you contact me at Law Offices of Joel C. Golden.

Contact us for more information.